Better Understanding Eating Disorders and Anorexia Treatment Solutions
According to information published by the Mayo Clinic, more than one in every 35 million Americans are currently dealing with some type of the eating disorder. More than 200,000 plus adults and young people deal with an eating disorder like anorexia every year. Anorexia treatment is available and is covered by most insurance plans.
We are very much dealing with a serious health epidemic here, a situation that requires real medical attention, serious research, and following through with the proper eating disorder and anorexia treatment protocol to get back to the kind of healthy and happy lifestyle people deserve.
Thankfully, though, with the right anorexia treatment protocol this condition can be mitigated, managed, and outright illuminated entirely – though without a proper anorexia treatment protocol, it is a chronic condition that can last for years and years completely destroying someone’s life in the process.
Getting a Proper Diagnosis Is Step One
Though it is possible to self-diagnose anorexia and most other eating disorders over there is simply because it’s easy to recognize the behavior as it occurs), you will still want to make sure that you get a legitimate diagnosis from a medical professional as early in the process as you can.
After moving through the tests and examinations that these professionals provide you’ll be able to better understand your specific situation, but you’ll also be able to better understand the underlying core issues that are causing anorexia in the first place.
You’ll understand why a distorted body image occurs in the first place, the triggers that are causing you to have an unwarranted fear of being overweight, and you’ll also be able to more effortlessly recognize the symptoms that come hell your body to maintain a below normal weight through starvation or over exercise.
Be on the Lookout for These Anorexia Symptoms
Though there is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” definition for anorexia, you do want to be sure that you are on the lookout for the most common anorexia symptoms so that you’re able to quickly self-diagnose and then move forward with a legitimate professional diagnosis to get the best anorexia treatment available.
The symptoms that you want to be aware of include (but certainly aren’t limited to):
- Dehydration, dizziness, fainting or fatigue stemming from not eating
- Binge eating and then purging, compulsive behavior such as pulling out your hair or chewing your fingernails, and feeling anxious or nervous without any real cause
- Suffering from severe underweight conditions or noticing significant and rapid weight loss and fitness
- Constant vomiting or constipation
… And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
There Are Legitimate Anorexia Treatment Options You Can Take Advantage Of
No matter how difficult you may find life with anorexia to be, it’s of the utmost importance that you recognize and understand that there are anorexia treatment options available for you to take advantage of.
Solutions for treating anorexia include:
- Visiting with a nutritionist and dietary consultant to better understand the relationship between food and the human body can open your eyes to the damage that anorexia can cause
- Clinical psychologists can help you deal with the mental disorder aspects of anorexia to eliminate this condition once and for all
- Psychotherapy can also be used to destroy the root core issues of anorexia
… And those are only a few of the many effective anorexia treatment options available for you to leverage!