We all know that health is a precious wealth, but often tend to forget this irrefutable maxim when our eyes spot our favorite food.
Yes! Admit it; we all feel completely vulnerable and helpless in the company of delicious roasted meat, scrumptious sweet dishes and tasty snacks because we lose complete control over our hands, mouth and desire to eat more, thus becoming the victim of overeating.
Overeating is extremely dangerous for health as it becomes the source of numerous diseases and illnesses if not conquered in time. Dr. Brian Wansink, a professor of Consumer Behavior at Cornell University, writes in his book, Mindless Eating: Why we Eat more than we Think, that most of the people do not eat out of hunger; rather they eat because of their family and friends, shapes and smells, cupboards and containers, lights and labels, candles and colors and plates and packages, thus frequently developing the habit of overeating. The fatal and troublesome diseases such as obesity, anxiety, heart attack, high blood pressure, diabetes, binge eating and bulimia nervosa are all attributed to overeating and unnecessary consumption of food. Overcoming the habit of overeating is the only solution to get rid of its harmful consequences.
Exercise – The Key to Stop Overeating
Incorporating physical activity and healthy exercise in your daily routine is the best and the easiest way to conquer the terrible habit of overeating. With the help of few simple steps described below, you can overcome the overeating problem once and for all:
- Planning your daily exercise is the first step toward eating less. You should take some time out from your hectic daily routine to chalk out a map for the types of exercises you want to do on daily basis. Join a gym to start regular cardio exercises, push ups and fitness training classes. You can also stay at home and indulge yourself in simple everyday exercises like V-Planks,walking and running by taking guidance from the television programs or DVDs about exercises.Advertisement
- Aerobic exercises are some of the best ways to avoid overeating as they reduce the desire of hunger and keep you physically active. Swimming, dancing, walking and hiking for about 150 minutes or 2 hours a week help in getting rid of obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Strength training exercises including weight lifting, push ups and yoga can also help to reduce the habit of overeating. They are helpful in increasing metabolism rate and increasing the strength of muscles and bones.
- Exercise not only includes hard physical labor with instruments; it also involves everyday house chores like doing laundry, sweeping the floor and washing the dishes. These activities are also helpful in taking your mind off food and eating by keeping you involved in healthy activities.
Why Exercise when Overeating?
Experts conclude doing regular exercise always proves helpful to avoid eating too much. Exercise is considered to be the most effective and reliable remedy for overeating habit due to its following benefits:
- Exercise controls your appetite and need for hunger.
- It helps to keep you physically fit, active and helps to reduce your body weight.
- Doing exercise daily can keep your mind off food by making you busy in a healthy physical activity, boosts your confidence and helps get you in a positive frame of mind.
However, eating hastily time and again without controlling one’s desires can prove extremely harmful for health causing fatal diseases. Among the various steps, techniques and pills used to cure the habit of over indulging, doing exercise is the easiest, healthiest and the most effective strategy to conquer this eating disorder. If you are worried about your obesity and vulnerability to control the desire of overeating, fret not; join a gym now or workout at home to get rid of overeating forever.